TDSS malware that might be the culprit of not being able to install or run MBAM. If it is then this solution below might help. If it does then start in Normal Windows mode and try to update MBAM and do a scan.
Then follow the directions above and post the requested information.
- Click on Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc and click OK
- On the View menu click on Show hidden devices
- Browse to Non-Plug and Play Drivers and you should see something like TDSSserv.sys
- Highlight that driver and right click on it and select DISABLE
- Now RESTART your computer.
- Download a copy of Malwarebytes but DO NOT run it yet.
- Rename the downloaded installer file to any generic name such as your own name but keep the .EXE extension on the file and run it.
- Once the program is installed go to the UPDATE tab and try to update the program if you can.
- Then go to the SCANNER tab and run a Quick Scan and allow MBAM to fix anything found.